REBUILDING A STRONG ECONOMY
- As a senior member of the House Financial Services Committee, Andy Barr is working to improve the economy, create jobs, and protect paychecks.
- Andy voted for and successfully led efforts to improve and expand the Paycheck Protection Program, which provided millions of small businesses with forgivable loans so workers could keep their jobs and main street could stay in business.
SUPPORTING OUR FAMILIES
- Andy voted for economic impact payments for Kentuckians up to $1,200 for individuals, $2,400 for married couples, plus an additional $500 per child.
- Andy voted for billions in emergency funding to combat the coronavirus, including funding for testing, treatment and vaccines.
- Andy worked across the aisle to guarantee free COVID-19 testing for all Americans and to provide temporary paid family medical leave.
DELIVERING FOR KENTUCKY
- When local hospitals were in desperate need for more personal protective equipment and better testing capabilities, Andy secured extra supplies from the Strategic National Stockpile to support our healthcare professionals and frontline workers.
- Working with local hospitals, Andy successfully worked to expand telehealth services nationwide helping to protect patients and healthcare workers.
- Andy led a bi-partisan effort to cut red tape and get government out of the way allowing local Kentucky distilleries to manufacture hand sanitizer for healthcare workers fighting the coronavirus pandemic.
HOLDING CHINA ACCOUNTABLE
- Andy is leading the China Task Force to investigate China, its cover-up and mishandling of the coronavirus. He’s committed to holding the Chinese Communist Party accountable for their lies and deceitful actions that led to the spread of this global pandemic.