Andy Barr is Getting Results
- Member of the Congressional Coal Caucus
- Member of the Congressional Recycling Caucus
- Member of the Congressional Natural Gas Caucus
- Member of the Congressional Decentralized Wastewater Recycling Caucus
- Andy cosponsored a resolution expressing the sense of Congress that a carbon tax would be detrimental to the United States economy.
- Andy cosponsored H.J.Res 38 which disapproves the Stream Protection Rule submitted by the Department of Interior. This legislation relieves regulations imposed by this rule and addresses the impacts of surface coal mining operations on surface water and the productivity of mining operation sites. H.J. Res 38 was signed into law by President Trump on February 16, 2017.
- Andy cosponsored the Renewable Fuel Standard Elimination Act, which repeals the Environmental Protection Agency’s renewable fuel program. This program requires transportation fuel to contain a minimum volume of renewable fuel.
- Andy cosponsored the Miners Protection Act, which amends the the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977 to transfer certain funds to the Multi-Employers Health Benefits Plan and the 1974 United Mine Workers of American Plan to provide health and pension benefits to retired coal miners and their families.
- Andy cosponsored the New Source Review Permitting Improvement Act, which provides certainty in planning for upgrades and would create less costly and time-consuming modernizations for factories, power plants, refineries, and other facilities.