Andy Barr is Getting Results
- Member of Congressional Coal Caucus
- Member of House Energy Action Team
- Member of the Congressional Recycling Caucus
- Member of Congressional Natural Gas Caucus
- Member of Congressional Decentralized Wastewater Recycling Caucus.
- Andy was a leader on the China Task Force where he served as Co-Chair of the Subcommittees on Energy and Environment and Competitiveness.
- Andy was a leader in helping grant Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) eligibility to 501(c)12’s which include Rural Electric Cooperatives.
- Andy cosponsored H.J.Res 38 which disapproves the Stream Protection Rule submitted by the Department of Interior. This legislation relieves regulations imposed by this rule and addresses the impacts of surface coal mining operations on surface water and the productivity of mining operation sites. H.J. Res 38 was signed into law by President Trump on February 16, 2017.
- Andy introduced H.R. 8198, the “National Security Through America’s Resources and Permitting Reform Act of 2020.” This legislation would add projects related to the extraction, recovery, or processing of critical minerals, rare earth elements, microfine carbon, or carbon from coal, coal waste, coal processing waste, pre-or post-combustion coal byproducts, or acid mine drainage from coal mines to the list of “covered projects” under FAST-41.